Flat-Top, Civil War Era Trunk
It’s simply amazing to think this Civil War era trunk survived so many years and is still so beautiful. This is a remarkable piece of American History.
This trunk was originally covered with a felt-like leather, which is why the wood is in such beautiful condition.
- All the handmade brass buttons are original and in great condition. They decorate the metal banding that wraps around the trunk, including the bottom.
- The lock is original and comes with a key. The protective brass lock cover is etched, “Patent Pending, Secure.”
- The leather handles are original and due to their age are decorative only. This beauty should be picked up from the bottom.
- The top is flat, so it can be used for display.
- We removed the deteriorated, protective outside covering to expose this trunk’s beautiful wood. Since there was a shortage of quality leather during this period, a thick heavy duty felt-like covering was used.
- We replaced the damaged cloth lid stay with a leather strip.
- The inside can be used to store those small treasures.
This trunk measures 24 inches wide, 14 inches front to back, and approximately 12 inches tall (measurements include hardware).
Our price includes insurance, packaging, and shipping to any of the 48 contiguous states. If you are located west of the Mississippi, please add $25.00 to the price.
|lock & key||protective lock cover|
|protective corner hardware||brass buttons|
|front angle||another front angle|
|right end||left end|