Stunning 1880s Dome Top Trunk with Original Hardware and Working Lock & Key
This is such a beautiful trunk. Due to its condition, it’s probably never seen any rough travel. The darker wide metal trim, rounded nail heads, cast iron hardware, and deep wood tone makes it exceptional.
We removed the old leather covering to find this beautiful wood underneath. This is not only a gorgeous trunk, it’s also a beautiful piece of furniture. This is the first trunk we have had with this exact look, and we have restored A LOT of trunks!
- All the cast iron protective hardware is beautiful and in pristine condition.
- The lock is from Star Lock Co. The lock plate is etched “PHILA Patented MAR 69.” The lock is original and comes with a key.
- The handle hardware is original, while the replacement leather handles are from brettunsvillage.com.
- The hasps are larger than most. They are very high quality with crown tops and beautiful detail.
- The straight and curved hardwood slats are in excellent condition.
- The slat ends, along with the trunk’s corners, are protected by cast iron hardware.
- The bottom has four rollers to help with mobility when empty or full.
- We replaced the missing lift located over the lock. This should be used to raise the lid versus pulling on the lock.
- The large lid stay is original.
- The inside offers a great storage area.
This trunk measures 30 inches wide, 20 inches front to back, and 25 inches tall at its tallest point (measurements include hardware).
The inside and outside are finished with a Tung oil mixture and then a light coat of satin polyurethane. The finish is waterproof and soft to the touch.
If you’re located west of the Mississippi, please add $50 to the price due to its size, weight, and your location.
|hasp||lock & key|
|dome top||left end|
|right end||another top view|
|slat hardware||corner hardware|
|trunk in natural light||before picture|