Large, Flat-Top Trunk with Leather Straps & Working Corbin Lock
This trunk is a great piece of history. The character of the wood adds to its overall look.
- All the hardware is original and in great condition.
- The fancy hasps include built-in lifts.
- The lock is etched “CORBIN CABINET LOCK CO NEW BRITAIN CONN. USA.” The lock works great and comes with a key. The fancy lock plate is a sign of quality.
- The contoured, flat corner hardware did a great job protecting the corners during travel.
- The bottom corner hardware includes bottom rollers which help with mobility.
- The replacement leather handles and leather straps are from brettunsvillage.com.
- The handle hardware is original.
- The large top is flat, offering a nice display surface. The wood grains on the top of the trunk are more defined than most.
- The lift located above the lock is original and helps to raise the lid.
- The outside finish is protected with satin polyurethane and then has been waxed and hand-rubbed for added softness.
- The inside offers a very large storage area.
- The inside is finished with satin polyurethane so it’s ready to use.
This trunk measures 36 inches wide, 21 inches front to back, and 23.5 inches tall (measurements include hardware).
The price includes insurance, packaging, and shipping to any of the 48 contiguous states. If you are west of the Mississippi, please add $50 to the price.
|Corbin lock with fancy lock plate & lift||hasp with lift|
|flat top||left end|
|right end||top view|