Beautiful 1880s Medium Size Trunk with Leatherette Trim, Original Hardware, Leather Straps, and Working Lock & Key
We love restoring such quality-built trunks like this one. The warm wood tone and leatherette trim complement each other. The condition of all the original hardware is amazing. This is one of those trunks you can’t stop admiring!
As always, we not only restored the outside and inside of the trunk but also the outside bottom, so it’s ready to add to your home.
- The top surface offers a great useable surface since it has a very slight curve.
- The hardwood slats are in great condition. The double layered slat hardware offers extra protection.
- The leather tabs are original. They are attached with original rounded decorative tacks.
- All the hardware is original. The heavy-duty wraparound corner hardware did a great job protecting the corners and edge during travel.
- The lock works great and comes with a key. It is etched “Rauchbagh Goldsmith Co. R & G Everywhere Trunks Office & Factory Newark N.J.”
- The detailed guides, located on each side of the lock, help to keep the top and body of the trunk securely aligned.
- The leatherette trim is in great shape, offering another nice contrast with the wood tone.
- The top front edge is protected with detailed hardware while the three large rear hinges roll over the back edge for protection.
- The handle hardware is original and in good condition.
- The replacement leather straps are from brettunsvillage.com.
- he hasps include built-in lifts. The scallop design is one of our favorites. It’s beautiful and functional.
- The bottom corner hardware includes bottom rollers, which helps with mobility.
- The inside offers a great storage area. We removed the old paper lining and sanded all surfaces.
The inside and outside are finished with a Tung Oil mixture, satin polyurethane, waxed and then buffed for added beauty. The finish is waterproof and durable, so it’s ready to enjoy.
This trunk measures 33.5 inches wide, 21.5 inches front to back, and is 23 inches tall.
Our price includes shipping to any of the 48 contiguous states. If you are west of the Mississippi, please add $50 to the price.
|front||hasp with built-in lift|
|wraparound hardware||front angle|
|leatherette and corner hardware||right end|
|top and left end||another front angle|